In case you are one of those, who often fall sick or with the seasonal variations, then you might have weak immunity and you must pay attention to it. But before that, you need to know some details of the immune system, factors that cause immunity to go down and Ayurvedic tips to get a strong immunity.
Few things about our immune system:
The immune system of our body is basically a defense mechanism, which protects the body from different types of toxins, viruses, and bacteria. It is made up of different types of white blood cells, antibodies, protein and chemicals and tonsils, lymph vessels, and nodes, the thymus gland, spleen and bone marrow. These organs are included in the procedure of generating as well as circulating antibodies. As a whole, the immunity system is basically a squad of numerous white blood cells that attack the invaders while healthy.
Things that make the immunity weak:
There are actually a number of things that contribute to make the immunity system weak. Here are the details:
- Malnutrition: Nutrition deficiency leads to altered immune responses, even while the state of deficiency is mild. Different micro nutrients like selenium, zinc, copper, iron, folic acid and vitamins A, B, C, and E have vital influences on the immune responses.
- Stress: As mentioned in the studies, stress actually suppresses the effectiveness of the immune system and this reduces the ability of people to fight against all the antigens and making the users more susceptible to different infections.
- Obesity: Obesity alters the count of leucocyte as well as the cell-mediated responses. Obesity also makes people more susceptible to different conditions like sleep apnea, osteoarthritis, and diabetes, which weaken the immune system.
Ayurveda tips to boost immunity level:
- Ghee is considered as an important source of immunity known as Ojas. So, it is recommended to add a minimum half teaspoon of ghee in the daily diet.
- Engaging yourself in different types of physical activities is necessary. So, take part in some activities like stretch exercises, yoga, cycling, walking, jogging, and swimming at least for 10 minutes every day to maintain a good immunity.
- Add some spices to your daily food items (at least at the quantity of half tea spoon). These include cinnamon, basil, black pepper, turmeric, ginger, cardamom etc. All of these spices are really helpful for keeping liver, intestine, and stomach active.
- Avoid both undernourishment and over nourishment by eating optimum quality of food.
- Sleep for at least 6-8 hours to rejuvenate as well as re-energize the body properly. This is also helpful for maintaining proper physical and mental balance and immunity.
- Maintain concentration and mental calmness by performing yoga, pranayam or meditation regularly. This will also enhance your immunity level.
- Take the imuno capsule regularly, which is an Ayurvedic capsule for boosting immunity. These capsules are completely safe and don’t have any side effects.
So, follow the above mentioned Ayurvedic tips and walk towards a healthy life with strong immunity.